Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE EARTHQUAKE

You would think that after living in Utah my whole life I couldn't say "I have been in an earthquake" Until Yesterday! I was sitting in my living room looking for jobs online when all of the sudden I thought there is something wrong with the plumbing pipes? then the rumbling got louder and I started to feel  the whole house shake and the ceiling fan was swaying around.


I started to FREAK OUT! I first thought go to a doorway! And thought I wonder if it's just my house shaking I look outside people are running out of their homes and the branches on the trees were shaking. I then rode the rest of it out on my balcony which Josh told me later was probably the most dangerous place I could of been OOOPS!


After it stopped I immediately called Josh I couldn't get through to him at first he called me a little later and told me that he was fine. His version of the earthquake is even funnier. He was walking outside from one building on campus to another, while walking across a bridge he thought hmm this bridge is really shaken and her recalled later feeling a little nauseous. Josh been the logical man he is justified the shakiness on the bridge was due to all the cars driving across it. Me on the other hand jumping to the worst case scenario was like EARTHQUAKE!!! Usually Josh is correct when it comes to these things but for once my "over reactiveness" was right.


Turns out we were apart of the strongest Earthquake on the East coast since 1897.... It was a 5.9, which is strong enough to rattle you and do some minor damage. See how close Richmond is to mineral YAY us! About 50 miles away from the center.



 I read on KSL, a few piece fell of the DC temple :(  Anyway if you wanna read more about it here is the link. It was definitely a fun adventure- oh and there is a Hurricane warning this weekend. The Bradshaw curse is following us! http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-08-23/Rare-earthquake-shakes-and-shocks-Eastern-Seaboard/50114870/1

No comments:

Post a Comment