Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Moving IN Experience


                                                              
So after we had two days of apartment searching we settled in on an apartment at Legacy at Mayland. It is very nice. We were very excited to find the apartment and get our furniture quickly moved in before we left for Hawaii... DUN DUN DUN the moving company fell through- like we could of never expected.

They told us while we were booking the move that they would store our stuff in Richmond, so that once we found our place we could call them and it would just take a few days notice to get our stuff to our new home. Well, Josh calls them and they inform him that it will be about 7 days. Which would still give us about 6 days to unpack before the trip...The whole time that this is happening all we have is two camping chairs and an air mattress, we went to the movies once just so we could sit in a chair with real support.

6 days pass and we call them again, "OOps" they said looks like your stuff didn't make it on the truck. Josh asks them What truck?? They inform him that not only did they not store our stuff near Richmond they stored it in CALIFORNIA of all the places??? Isn't that back tracking??!! Anyway they said they will try their best to get the stuff there before we leave.

NOPE we call them a few days later and are informed that they still haven't even moved it from California and we were leaving in 2 days.  So we have to ask a Sweet girl from our new ward to unlock our house, while were gone. We felt so bad asking someone else to do it. Thankfully they were really nice to her and they moved everything in quickly.

So now we fast-forward to us getting home from Hawaii, Our Airplane took off at 9pm on Saturday night and landed in VA at 5pm on Sunday- YES we were tired! This is what we came home to. YAY- One last unpack before we are done.

First thing we do set up the bed, we had not slept on our own  soft wonderful bed for over a month and a half! It took Josh only 7 min flat to set up the bed. Can you tell we have moved 7 times? that means we has setup/taken down that bed 14 times in the past 2 years!



We had some funny things happen while unpacking. While having some friends over for dinner, when all of the sudden we hear a huge CRASH!! Early that day I had gotten our entire closet unpacked I ran to the back room and this is what I had found!

The first thing I said was  "Ooo we need to take a picture!" Everyone in the other room laughed. It only took a day for the management to come in and fix it, thank goodness.
 

Another sad accident happened during the move, one of the few pieces of furniture that I brought that was really special was this little granite table, that was my mothers... We had VERY CAREFULLY Packed it up. We unwrapped it and found this-


 I couldn't help but tear up for a few seconds but then Josh reminded me that it was just a thing and that what is more important is my memory of my mom. He always knows how to cheer me up I smiled and said  "how can you break granite?"  We laughed because we both knew that our exerience with these movers was so annoying that we weren't surprised. It was just disappointing, why couldn't they have broken my cheap $30 mirror instead?

So after a couple of weeks here is the final product-

Living Room




"dining area"


Josh's study/ prison- No really he said he really likes his new desk and he can study there for hours at a time- and I mean HOURS!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- you have such a good attitude! What a lame moving company! I'm so sorry about your mom's table. Josh is right though- things are just things. The memories you have of your mom are priceless.

    Your new house is ADORABLE! I love it! Glad you guys finally got moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! Moving companies are the worst!! Btw- you guys have nice stuff! We didn't have a real piece of furniture until we moved here - 7years of marriage :) lol I am so excited for you guys and this chapter in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) the only reason we have kinda nice stuff is because a lot of it was my moms, that has sat in storage. And the couches were REALLY cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie!? How have I not known about this blog before now????? Ah well. Now I know. And you can't escape me. ;)

    ReplyDelete